Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 21, 2008

Hmmm...

I talked to my manager yesterday about my stay extension here. Actually, I am not really into it but come to think about it, I think it is better to lengthen a bit my stay here because I have already make my flight booking and the most critical part is I have already organize my holidays planning. Yes, I know that we are facing global economic turmoil now but I have never known that it has an impact on my project as well as been informed by my manager verbally. We have talked for almost 20 minutes about this matter and as a result, he told me that the project may be delayed and will be slowing down due to financial issues and will be resuming back sooner. The date is still questionable. In simple words, the problem arose when the financer or banker did not come up with the sufficient money to feed the project. There was a rumor also to cut down the man-hours of the project within this chaotic period. I always put myself in a positive view. If this is the case, it will be good for me to return back home for good as per my contract which supposed to be until end of January 2009. Anyway, further to my conversation with my manager, he had confirmed my extension until end of March 2009. Actually, I really need this advanced confirmation from him for my holidays planning. Apart from that, if I am going back for good as per my contract, I need to bring back all of my stuffs during this upcoming Christmas holidays which means it will be my last day here. That’s the reason why I need urgently his confirmation. Actually, I was quite shock on how the global economic crisis can violently impact on industries. After a while, I almost have a heart attack when my manager in Malaysia sent me an email for an assessment interview. I had to fill in a form and rate myself on how well I handle my job and how integrated I'm with the rest of the team. My lead engineer who is my immediate superior and my manager here in Paris will have to give a grade on my performance within my stay here. I was secretly hoping that they will just forget about the whole “communication breakdown” since I am the only person who cannot speak French. I hope everything will be fine. Amin =)

No comments: