Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Simply Me

I am a happy man and married with a woman I loved. I know my wife loves me too. She told me. Hehe. But, how about the others? Friends? Officemates? Did they like me? Hmm. Now, I am just thinking about myself. How do people judge me when they know me? Am I a good friend? There are many words can describe about myself. If you ask my parents about me, they would mainly describe me as a serious person. Sometimes, they claim that I can be simply too sensitive and extremely unpredictable. I wouldn’t hesitate to agree with each of the descriptive traits since they should know me better than I am. They brought me to life and gave me a good name as well as raised me up from the day I was born until I got married. The first word most people I know would use to describe myself is friendly and easy going. Hehe. Sounds like promoting myself but anyway, I don’t care. I don’t give a damn. Just to be frank for myself. Hopefully, for those who know me pretty well, just give me some feedback about myself so that I will take an appropriate action if necessary to change my habit or behavior positively. For those who want to be my friend or going to know me a bit deeper, please keep reading this blog and lastly for those who don’t have any interest to know me at all, why you still reading this article? Blah la. Hehe. OK, back to the subject. In all my past experiences, I have learned that it pays off to be friendly. Of course we should be friendly to others especially living in this demanding social community. Besides, it will reflect our overall performance at work and promotes the involvement in any related area that we are supposed to jump in. I used to work in a fast food restaurant quite some time ago and it was basically a good exposure to me about this life. I have learned that life is volatile and full of surprise. I have also learned that we cannot do everything by ourselves and we cannot expect perfection and excellence from others. In fact, we have to bear in mind that nobody is perfect and no matter smart or “big” you are, we must be considerable with full of respect to others. Being friendly is an important trait to have in a life. We are social human being. We need others. Sometimes, we cannot rely 100% commitments by ourselves. That’s why we have been lectured about teamwork so many times. Besides, we should also try to be more optimistic and put a high dependence to others in the team. Actually, as I am writing this article, I remember my wife told me that most of her colleagues that used to work in a group with me during those days in university claimed that I am just too perfectionist towards the job assigned. I want everything in a good order and normally I was the lead for the group and I will distribute the tasks to others by expecting some perfect effort to be done by them. Looking back, there are many mistakes or I would rather rephrase it as a misunderstanding about this life happened to me. Now, after almost three years in employment with a professional services company, I know exactly what is the true meaning and importance of being friendly and being tolerated. Since then, I am getting to know more people with different level and easily get connected to them. I have a very good relationship with my colleagues in the office especially within my project. Positively, it will be much easier for me to work with them and because of that, I was awarded more responsibilities. This is the critical part which I think the most important for my self-development. Once they know that you are such a dependable worker, they will continuously feed you with a work until to some extent you won’t feel to work anymore!

No comments: