Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 8, 2008

French Open 2008

Well, I am not really a big fan of tennis sport. In fact, when I spend my boring and dull evening watching Eurosport channel almost every day here since my wife return back home, I start to enjoy the game especially the French Open was held in the middle and now towards to the end where final tournament between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer will take places tomorrow! I believe this tournament level is equivalent to the World Cup especially for those who really love and play tennis. I can imagine how big and grand this tournament for the tennis lovers. Frankly speaking, I have never playing tennis before but I used to watch my brother playing tennis with his friends quite some time ago. That’s all. I have no determination or interest at all. Hmm. But when I heard about French Open, I realized that this is not just about a game. It is one of the most prestigious events in tennis, and it has the widest worldwide broadcasting and audience of all events in this sport. Because of the slow playing surface and the five-set men's singles matches without a tiebreak in the final set, the event is considered to be the most physically demanding tennis tournament in the world. The French Open is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between mid-May and early June in Paris, France, at the Stade de Roland Garros. It is the second of the Grand Slam tournaments on the annual tennis calendar and the premier clay court tennis tournament in the world. Not only tennis fans mark their calendars when Rafael Nadal’s and Roger Federer’s career paths collide in a final here in Roland Garros 2008. I, myself do, too. Hehe. Tomorrow, I will be going to see them in final and try to be part of the game!

No comments: