Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Spring Time of Love

This morning I woke up a bit late just to express my enjoyment during this public holiday. Washed up and helped my wife preparing the breakfast, we later sat down at the sofa while surfing the net and discussed about today’s activity. While having nasi goreng hailam with cucur bawang for our breakfast, we decided to visit the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and Galleries La Fayate. Done with breakfast, prepared ourselves and getting ready, finally at 11.45 pm we went out from the room.

Along the way heading to the Metro Station, suddenly I am thinking about my last three months spent here. Walking alone and did everything on my own. It was really a big challenge for me. Alhamdulillah. Frankly speaking, I cannot imagine my life here without her. She brings me the true happiness and a picture of love. I hope within these days, I will try to fill up all the sweetest memories in my heart and up to now, the eight days were filled with love and care.

Back to the story. Our first visit for the day was the Arc de Triomphe. It is a monument in Paris that stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, also known as the Place de l'Étoile (Star Square). As far as I know, the arch was built to honor those who fought for France, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars. On the inside and the top of the arc there are all of the names of generals and wars fought. After snapping some pictures from different angle, finally we start the move to the Notre Dame.















From the Arc de Triomphe, we took a Metro Train at Charles de Gaulle Etoile at line 1. While walking towards the station, suddenly we realized that we were on the wrong way. I couldn’t remember exactly the location of the station as we came earlier. Looked and walked around the vicinity area, finally we found it. Huhu. From line 1, we stopped at Chatelet and changed to line 4 in order to go to the St. Michel station. The Notre Dame is only walking distanced from the station. Came out from the underground station, the atmosphere was too good to witness our memorable day. The Notre Dame is very popular and widely considered as one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture. Maybe some of you guys have ever heard about the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I knew about it from the animated feature produced by Walt Disney quite some time ago. Originally, it was a novel and written as a statement to preserve the Notre Dame cathedral and not to 'modernize' it. Took some pictures and walked around the shop lots nearby, finally we decided to have our lunch at the Latin Square nearby.



While walking to the Latin Square and crossed the bridge, suddenly I said to my wife about the boat ride as I noticed a long queue buying a ticket for the boat tour around Paris. My wife was very excited and she said this will be a last resort for her due to time constraints. Then, I grabbed my wife’s hand and walked down to the ticket counter and lineup.













Luckily, the next trip for the boat tour is one hour later and we have a sufficient time to have our lunch. Bought the tickets and confirmed the details, we rushed to the Latin Square and finally we stopped at a kebab stall. 30 minutes later, done with the lunch, we rushed back to the boat tour counter and waited for the trip. The tour took about 1 hour around Paris along the Seine River and definitely we really enjoyed the moment to the fullest. It was a dreamy experienced and this spring season will be a witness to our happiness and keep the magic of love alive!


No comments: