Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Love Is In The Air

For the past three days, I was too busy to update my daily blog. I was trying to get back to my normal routine and 8 hours working per the day seemed too long. On the Monday morning, I have no motivation to go to work. It was too hard for me to wake up early in the morning and leave my lovely wife alone in the room. Take it easy, said my wife. OK. Now, it’s been three working days and I just let the time flows constantly. Within these three days, I have lunch in my room. My wife cooked for me. Hehe. Luckily the apparthotel was only 5 minutes walking distanced from the office.

When I reached the office at 12th floor, I realized that there was nobody but the light was switched on. Actually, 12th floor was only occupied by three engineering disciplines specifically for my project – Process, Mechanical and Piping, where other disciplines were at 11th floor. When I slowly walked through to my workstation and looked around, I was so sure that I was alone that time. That’s OK. Suddenly, I stopped thinking about it and my eyes wildly looking at my desk. All the files and documents arrangement still remained the same but there were three yellow stickers posted at my flat screen monitor. One stated “Welcome Back” and the other two were written by French words. I couldn’t understand but I was too sure that they were posted by my team mate for welcoming me back to work. Thanks friends. Hehe. Then, I switched on the computer and hanged my jacket at the corner. As expected, there were more than 800 emails to be read. Most of them were sent from my friends in Malaysia and normally the emails were repetitively replied by others and sent to all including me. Huhu. Actually, I have no problem since my inbox capacity can still hold these craps and sometimes it was really a huge release to read their replies. Most of them were really funny and normally I will read them all when I got full headache. Huhu.

While checking and replying some emails, I heard someone pass the door. It was my deputy project coordinator. She was very nice and she used to work in Technip Malaysia for more than one year. Greet and had a short conversation with her, then I continue checked the emails. Few minutes later, all of my team mates were in the office and as usual we will have a coffee break together. Chatted about the long holidays and my new looked, finally at 9 am, back to work! Five minutes to 12 pm, I was getting ready to go back to the apparthotel. As promised, my wife will cook for me and we will have the lunch together. Reached the room, the lunch was ready to be served. Within these three days, she cooked ayam rendang, ayam masak merah, daging masak kicap, kobis goreng, sambal ikan bilis, sambal udang, udang goreng kunyit, ayam goreng and daging goreng kunyit. Huhu. Superlicious! Thanks sayang.


Done with lunch, we took a break for awhile and surf the net together. Nearly 1 pm, prepared myself and get back to the office and resume the work. Actually, there was not much work to do for this week. Moreover, quite a number of my unit team including my unit lead still on holidays and will be back next week.

Last Monday, I and my wife went out to the Montmartre after office hours. Montmartre is the highest Paris hill with 130 meters and it is the last village in the big city of Paris. We went out around 6.30 pm and reached there about 40 minutes later. We chose to visit Montmartre on week day because it can be very crowded during weekends where the local people will normally paid a visit to the Sacre Coeur church on the hill and enjoyed the sunny day upstream the hill.



At Montmartre, we will discover gardens, old houses, steep streets and staircases with wonderful and magnificent views on Paris. Downstream of Montmartre, we could see many souvenirs shops along the way down to the main road.











There are varieties of souvenirs offered ranges from t-shirt, key chain, magnetic deco, cup, and of course a typical souvenir from Paris, Eiffel Tower replica. It really took us hours to shop! In fact, the price is incomparable and I would say cheaper than other places I had been before. Sometimes the price offered can be reduced significantly if we have a gut to negotiate with them. After spending about two hours along the shop lots, finally we bought t-shirts, paintings, key chains and decorative magnetic. Slowly walked towards Metro station at Anvers, we took the train and went back home. 40 minutes later reached La Defense. Around 10 pm, we reached the room.

No comments: