Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Louvre with Love

Yesterday was a first Sunday in the month. I took the opportunity to visit Musée du Louvre with my wife as there would be no entry charge. My team mate told me that Musée du Louvre is one of the “must visit” places in Paris. The museum is among the most visited art museums and houses some of the world's most famous works of art, such as Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa and the sculpture Winged Victory of Samothrace which considered as one of the Louvre's most valuable pieces and has been on prominent display since 1884. Actually, I didn't care so much about the historical values or whatsoever. The fact is that, I really hate history subject the most during those days in school and I failed the subject during my SPM trial examination. Anyway, when I recalled back the history lesson, there was a black and white picture of Mona Lisa and now I can see it with my eyes =)


Mona Lisa

Winged Victory of Samothrace


Alhamdulillah, last night I could sleep peacefully. I was recovered back from the jet lag and get back to the normal rhythm and energy level. Woke up tirelessly, washed up and get online for a few minutes, I benefit the fresh air at the balcony. The garden was closed as early in the morning and I could see an old man with his skinny dog walking around outside the garden along the walkway. The ambience was too calm. Suddenly, I was approached by my wife and we sat down at the balcony and discussed about today’s visit. After that, she prepared the breakfast, cucur bawang mixed with potato sliced. Done with breakfast and cleaned up everything, we prepared ourselves and went out from the room around 10 am.




From La Defense, it took about 20 minutes to reach Palais Royal Musée du Louvre station. From the station, we could access the museum entrance at the ground level inside the Louvre Pyramid. As expected, there were too many people. Looked for the information counter and grabbed some brochures and map directory, we accidentally went out via an elevator heading to the exit door upstairs. Hehe. That’s ok. We still want to take some pictures at the central courtyard of the museum which occupied by the Louvre Pyramid and serves as the main entrance to the museum. Walked around and snapped some pictures, suddenly we have been approached by a Malaysian. He was politely offering to take a picture of two of us and of course we were happy about that. Then, had a short conversation with him, finally we lined up to get in to the museum.





In front of the Louvre Pyramid

Actually, our initial plan was visiting the Arc De Triomphe. But then, I changed my mind and shifted the plan to visit The Louvre and spent some time for window shopping along the avenue des Champs-Élysées - The most prestigious and broadest avenue in Paris. With its cinemas, cafes, and luxury specialty shops, the Champs-Élysées is one of the most famous streets in the world and is known in France as La plus belle avenue du monde ("The most beautiful avenue in the world"). So, we were not too surprised to see many luxury shops - Louis Vuitton, ZARA, Lacoste, Sephora, GAP, and many more along the way.

No comments: