Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Eiffel, I'm in Love...

Yes, we have been to the Eiffel Tower. One of the most well known monuments in the world and of course it was also known as a symbol of romance. I didn’t know exactly why the monument has been recognized as a symbol of love, but what I did know was, there were many movies or drama series ranged from European to Asian really make use of this extraordinary monument for creating such lovely scenery. For me, I was totally impressed on its daring shape which was determined by mathematical calculation involving wind resistance and the artistic element involved. Moreover, it was completed in 1889 and could stand still up to now. What a superb ancient engineering.




I and my wife went out from the room around 3.00 pm and slowly walked down to the Metro Station. Few minutes later, we reached the station and I bought the tickets. From La Defense, we stopped at Charles De Gaulle Etoile and after that changed to line 6. From line 6, finally we stopped at Trocadero. The Eiffel Tower was only walking distanced from the station. There were too many people hanging around there. I believed most of them were not local people as they looked too excited to snap the pictures. Normally, when I said to my team mate about this visit, they will laugh at me. They said the tower itself has been too commercialized as compared to other nice places in France such as Mont St. Michel. Anyway, I will treat this visit as a priority since I was there with my wife. Just to record some memories with the symbol of love. Spent few minutes upstream and took few pictures, we walked down heading to the tower.



Along the way, we have seen many people lay down on the ground, relaxed and enjoyed the sun. Suddenly, I heard a big clap. I noticed there was a group performing street dance with techno music. They were surrounded with supportive and eager faced crowd and they really can dance. Then, we walked down and stopped at the bridge on the Seine River. I said to my wife about the boat ride and asked her if she wants to take the boat ride tour. By looking at the long queue, we continued walking towards the tower. Reached there, I stopped at a stall to buy a mineral water. My wife was too thirsty as the ambience was too hot and dry. Looked for a place to be seated and took a break for a while, finally we lay down on the ground. Few minutes later, get up and took some pictures, we walked underneath of the tower. Walked around, we were just too sure that we won’t be able to climb up the tower as there were too many people. The queue has been extended up to the main road and it became double-layered.


Hopefully, someday we would be able to go up and experienced the peak view from the Eiffel Tower. Then, we proceed to the green garden at the back, took some more pictures with a bigger view, finally we decided to go back.




About 7.00 pm we reached La Defense. Along the way back to the apparthotel, we stopped at the Monoprix. We bought bread, strawberry jam, margarine, food containers, yogurts and mineral water. Done shopping, we went back home. What a beautiful day.

No comments: