Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Annoying Monday

Another boring Monday. I woke up around 8 am and felt very sleepy to get a bathe. Push up myself and took a shower sluggishly, I asked my wife to prepare a hot black coffee for me. After get ready and done with the light breakfast, I went out to the office. Arrived at the office, I see my unit lead was already there. I meet and salute with him, then proceed to my work station. Today is not my day. Of course it is because I was unable to use my computer as it is claimed that there is a problem with the server in Malaysia. When I asked my friend from IT support in Malaysia, he said there has no problem on the server or domain concerned. He was able to access my account without any problem. It means there must be something wrong with the local network. I mean the network here in Paris! Almost 2 hours of waiting for the IT team here to fix this problem, my patience and endurance reach the limit. I give a first call but not at my satisfaction. Then, I give a second call an hour later and patiently asked them to work out this problem and they asked me back some questions about the problem I had. After few minutes of explanation (again!), they told me to re-start the computer and if the problem yet happened, they suggest me to re-try at the different computers. Frankly speaking, this is bullshit. How could they asked me and suggest me to do such things? That is clearly a non-technical IT answer! What did I want to know is why this problem just happened to me? Why it is not happened to my other Malaysian colleagues that were using the same server like mine? This is absolutely not a global network problem! There is nothing for me to do. I was unable to reach my project directory and I spent 8 hours today just waiting for their phone call. What an irritating day.

No comments: