Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 31, 2008

Loneliness - The Lesson Learnt

I was struggling daily with the loneliness to get used to the new working environment (workaholic culture), climate, and the most difficult part is being apart from my loved ones. In fact, I was very depressed in the first week here because my cell phone doesn’t work. No coverage at all even the roaming feature was activated. When I told my wife (again) about this problem through the email, she was so surprised because she went to the **** center two times already. I believe there must be something wrong with the network settings in my cell phone. But then, my wife did mention to me about searching the line manually rather than keep it by default - automatically. I think there is nothing to do with that. But anyway, I still give a try with no hope at all and unexpectedly the coverage indication in my cell phone starts increasing to full bar. Alhamdulillah, thanks to my wife. Hehe. Sometimes we need to listen to others right? (This doesn’t mean that I am a stubborn person ok) Actually, I will use my cell phone only for emergency reasons as it is not a practical way to keep in touch with my wife & family in this situation as it takes a full wallet in order to digest the bill when it is time to pay. My colleague told me that there is a cheap IDD calling card sold in China Town somewhere in Paris. For only 6.50€ we will get about 1000 minutes of outgoing calls! Anyway, this rate is only applicable for calling from a fixed line to a fixed line telephone. It means I can use my room’s telephone to call out back to Malaysia. No matter how much rate it can be, I feel so released and very happy to keep in touch with my family & surely with my lovely wife. Above all, the most practical and cheapest way to communicate with them is via internet. Alhamdulillah, my room is equipped with the internet facility. For the first time I try to get online, there was a network problem. I was told by the technician on duty at my apartment to follow some steps that relates to the local area network settings in order to get connected to the internet. After every single step has been followed, I found my laptop was not able to get connected. By the time I feel damn angry and mad with my brand new laptop. What is the real problem? I couldn’t manage to solve this problem as I am not really good in computers stuff. It was a very bad situation for me since the real plan is to “see” my wife every day. After few attempt, once again I manage myself to solve this problem. Alhamdulillah. Now, what I really need is some motivation from her and my family to boost my strength and to be strong while being alone here. Frankly speaking I am a homesick kind of person. As what I’d always said, I hate long distances but when I recalled back what my mom said, this is just a small test from Him to make me realize that when the time comes, you will be alone “there”. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: