Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My New Gadget!

Yeah, finally I got my bike computer. Sounds too high-tech but it is actually just a cyclometer. Some might call it odometer. Whatever. OK, my first impression when I look at this gadget is "Wow, what's that?...it looks very cool on the bike". OK, that is my first impression. But when I browse thru the net, I have found numbers of them with different size, design, brand and of course the features. When I look into a little bit closer, I said to myself that I really need it. I must need it. For some strong reasons to invest a big bucks for the small coin-a like size. Crazy. If my wife knew about it, hundreds of questions are ready for me. Hehe. Anyway, from fitness and self-motivation point of view, I would say, the gadget is mandatory for all riders. We really need it. The gadget itself will be a gauge or indicator of some specific measurements. Fundamentally, it measures current speed, maximum speed, average speed, total distance, time, etc. Some also offers calorie meter which determines how much you burn your calories. I cannot imagine what other measurements the technology can offer in the future. Fuhh. OK, after few readings, comparing, and asking, finally I have made my decision to buy a Cateye Strada Wireless for my bike. Here I listed out the features which I get it from the net.


Cateye Strada Wireless Cycle Computer


The super slim 8 function Cateye Strada is now available in a wireless format. Using a new compact sensor, it is ideal for those riders wanting the simplest set up and neatest, most discreet appearance.

Top Features of the Cateye Strada Wireless Cycle Computer

Functions:

Current speed
Maximum speed
Average speed
Total distance (odometer)
Trip distance
Auto start/stop
Trip time (elapsed time)
12/24 hour clock

Features:
Cordless transmission (70cm)
Pacer arrow (+/- AV speed)
Dual tyre size
Total distance (Odometer) set
Auto power saving mode
Menu screen
Data converter (MPH>KPH, KPH>MPH)
Universal fitting
Stem and handlebar mount

No comments: