Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jakarta - Bandung - Punchak

Well, I went to Indonesia last month for almost a week with my wife and her parents. The trip itself was fully organised and arranged by the tour package. All-in inclusive of daily meals (three times per day), accomodations (hotel, resort), transportation, tickets, etc. Just to name it a few. It means, we just have to boros the money for shopping! Hehe.
Our tour group comprised of mainly older folks aged 50-60. I couldn't believe that they all were really physically fit especially during shopping marathon. Some of them even using a wooden stick to assist their walk. Anyway, they all were really2 happening, full of "older jokes" and most importantly we were like a big family, having a family day over there. Hehe.
Some of the places that really made my day were a visit to Tangkuban Perahu, Indonesian Safari Park and Masjid Istiqlal which claimed to has the biggest beduk in the world. Anyway, I will not describing the details to all places that I have visited in Indonesia. A lot of sweet memories have been captured thru my gadget and I will upload it sooner.
In the middle of the tour, my father in-law has received an emergency call from my brother in-law in Penang, named Azwan. Actually, an anonymous has called my father in-law up using his hand phone to inform that Azwan was admitted to ICU! At the moment, we were all in the bus just after having a light breakfast at the hotel. After loading up the baggage in the bus and waiting for the journey begun, we have been informed calmly from my father in-law about that shocking news. Everyone turned silence to get the news more clearer as my father in-law still on the phone. Few seconds later, I, myself and my wife going out from the bus to catch up with the news when my father in-law seems heading to the below compartment of the bus to unload the baggage. I said to myself, we need to go back now! Yes, after that, assisted by the co-tour agent, we went off to the Bandung Airport instantly to get the latest ticket to Penang. We were lucky. 4 tickets back to LCCT KL at 11am. 2 hours later, we touchdown. I and my wife will take care of the bagagges. While, my father/mother in-law took another flight to Penang right after. Alhamdulilllah, everything was on the right time. I and my wife later took a taxi to go back to my mom's house. Reached home, take shower and refreshments, eat a little, that evening I and my wife drove back to Penang. Reached Penang at 5 hours later. We straight away heading to the ortopedic ward at Hospital Seberang Jaya. Alhamdulillah, Azwan was stable. He broke his leg and shoulder. Urggh!
OK, back to the trip. Overall, I must say that the trip was well-organised, packed with outings, great foods offered, excellent accomodations provided and two thumbs up for our talkative tour chief for his efforts to make the trip more enjoyable and fun.

No comments: