Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MTB - P*C*M


Last Friday night, I have been to Putrajaya Critical Mass (PCM) bike ride. Arrived there around 9pm. Parked my car right in front of Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya, later gets off my bike from my rear carrier. At the moment, there were few riders already set their bikes up and cycling around the vicinity area. Most of them with road bikes. After I got myself ready, I joined a group of riders. They used to ride on PCM for a year already and thus my presence was acknowledged by them for supporting the event especially it was the 1st anniversary of PCM. As the time constantly flies, the number of riders has increased. Pa text me to confirm his late arrival. Around 9.45pm, Pa turned up with his shiny orange T-bolt. When the time approaching 10pm, we were all asked to gather in front of the Palace of Justice for a short briefing mainly for highlighting the 1st anniversary of the PCM and some safety instructions especially riding on road during night time. Few riders have been assigned with a flag to guide the mass. The lead of the ride has mounted a Malaysia’s Jalur Gemilang on his road bike for indicative purpose and to spread the patriotism among the riders. Around 10.15pm, the mass started rolling. Seriously, I have never been riding in such a big group. It was really a great feeling to see small kids and old folks riding on their bikes. We were all reminded that the ride will be an easy and leisure ride. No rush. No speeding. Just cycling in a mass. Not a mess! Hmm. I couldn’t remember the details but the ride took us about 1 hour to complete the 25km loop. I must say the PCM has met a great success and well organized. Two thumbs up for the committee. After the ride, the peak celebration took place with a “happy birthday” song which broke the silence of the night along with a cake cutting session. Later, we were all served with good foods – dunkin donuts, cakes, cupcakes, pizza, etc. FOC! (Except for the cupcakes, it costs RM2 each in the name of charity). After that, I manage to meet the organizer, Daoh for congratulating him for this successful event and before I went off, I have met Toyol Pemalu to get my PCM t-shirt. Around 12am, I and Pa were straightaway heading to my residence area to have a light supper.


*credit to Toyol Pemalu for the picture

No comments: