Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Hate..................................................

I hate meetings. I hate latecomers. I hate being limited. I HATE LAST-MINUTE ACTION!


The latter really pissed me off. But as I always said to myself, please be gentled and act calmly in such situation, the more disturbances feeling has polluted my mind. My schedule at work is packed and everyone has the same thing also. I have to admit that. There are no notable differences from me to others. Is that means I am not a well-organized person or I am not well-prepared to be part of this business? OK, let me release out my awful thoughts.


My desk is always hidden by load of files and documents. Sometimes, I find difficulties to locate my mouse which trapped and buried under the paper works. But, is it because of too much work? Yes, in general. So, is that a tolerable excuse? Hmm. Just forget about it. What I really need to do now is to change my attitude towards this small issue. We were given 24 hours per day. No complaint about that. I have to find a way and free time to re-organize everything and tidy up the mess at my workstation. Anyway, what the heck about the I HATE LAST-MINUTE ACTION?


OK, in fact, I am really lack of time in the office. Most of the time (recently) I spent in the meeting room. A lot of discussions need to be performed either with internal or external party. I hate meetings because sometimes I feel it is not really necessary especially when dealing with team mate. In the meeting room, everyone looked outspoken and passionate with their role but when it comes to the responsibility, somehow, they turn silently looked to each other and make a cute smiley face hoping that all the loads will not punching their head. It doesn’t mean that I am swallowing every single mess fed but if you were assigned with pile of works while the other has only little tiny small work to do, what do you feel? Personally, I am glad about it since I love my job but when I am forced and pressured to perform and finish all the works within limited time or the same timing with the one has less workload, it can be so annoying.


Once you feel annoyed with such experience, it may turn out terribly when you are the only person who attends the meeting on time with other external party. It looks like a small issue but I really hate latecomers. Sorry to say that. But, what do you feel when you attend a meeting on time expecting everyone is there, but after 20 minutes of the discussion, the latecomer just walk-in and join the meeting. It will not only disturb the talk, but sometimes the chairman politely recalls back every minute and “re-starts” again the meeting. 1 hour meeting turns to 2 hours. Argghhh! With the time delayed and struggling with the remaining hours in the office, I feel unhappy if I didn’t contribute anything to the meeting. Having to say that, I feel very irritating if the meeting is conducted in other “don’t know” language. With limited time and limited of understanding, I am about to burst my patience limit. Post meeting, I need to spend some time to get some explanations before I leave the room. Again, I am really running out of time.

While continuing to finish up some works, at all of sudden, my manager approached me and said “There will be a meeting at 2 pm today and you have to attend it.” I was so surprised and shocked with the spontaneous news. At the time I was just back from my lunch and it was 1.30 pm. So, I have another 30 minutes to get ready and rearrange all my works again. I am very obsessive about getting work done, and for each minute or each hour I spend in a useless meeting, that's one minute or one hour where my very necessary work doesn't get done. Damn, I HATE LAST-MINUTE ACTION!

No comments: