Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Adeh...Raya

I have never thought that internet can influence so many things in my life. Since the internet connection has not been improved till now, I was a bit depressed. Coming from Malaysia, a place where I was born surrounded by joyful families and relatives and always kept busy by numbers of social and outdoor activities with my friends, I am totally lost here especially when the internet connection is not working as supposedly. I thought it will take only the last weekend due to maintenance jobs but my prediction was completely wrong. I am still unable to connect to the internet in my room and fortunately it is not just happened to me. So, this is not really my problem. I just found out that there is a notice posted next to the lift which highlights on this internet failure and the bad news is the hotel management didn’t know till when this problem may be resolved. Hmm.

OK. Maybe it’s not too late for me to wish you all “SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILADHA”. When I called my wife this morning, she was back from her friend’s open house. Sort of. She told me that her friend has prepared a lot of most favorite dishes during this celebration. I listened to her imaginatively. Later, I informed her that internet connection in my room still remains badly and then I went straight to my office. Yeah, I am working today!

When I checked my mails, there were only few mails sent by my Manager concerning some vendor documents that need to be commented. There were no mails from my friends in Malaysia which normally makes my mailbox full every day with their continuous “reply to all” jokes. Sometimes, their mails really make my day after all nerve-racking day. I am sure my mailbox will get back to its maximum capacity tomorrow.

I think internet really makes me a different person in the sense of my social interaction with friends. In other words, it makes me always take things for granted. Kind of. For example, one of my old friends is happen to get married recently and I knew about it from the e-community. Actually, he has sent an invitation card to my parent’s house but since I am still stuck here, so I just leave him a message via email and congratulate him for approaching a new and blissful phase of his life without checking whether the message has been delivered properly or not (may happen due to bad internet connection). By mistake, he didn’t received my message and few days later he called and invited me personally to his wedding reception which will take place a week later. After few minutes of laughing and talking with him since years we left our high school, finally he knows that I am not able to be part of his big day.
*This post was published yesterday when wireless connection was temporarily available in my room

No comments: