Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Palace of Versailles


I am not feeling very well today. It really ruins our vacation today. I am so sorry sayang. I believe it was due to the unstable climate, lack of sleep and my bad habit to drink less water. With a hot and dry ambience, I should and must drink a lot of water to counter the dehydration process and to keep a proper balance of water in my body. Luckily, we bring along 2 bottles of mineral water and a pack of medicines.



Headache and dizziness won’t stop me to share a great feeling with my wife at the Palace of Versailles or simply called Versailles. One of the most visited monuments in France. In French, it is known as the Château de Versailles and it is a royal château in Versailles, France. The Chateau proposes two itineraries; either a guided tour or not. We chose free and easy. Apart from the state apartments of the king and queen and the Galerie des Glaces (the Hall of Mirrors, where the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end World War 1), which you can visit on your own, most of the palace can only be viewed in guided groups, and whose times are much more restricted. Long queues are common.

We reached there around 12 pm and as expected there were many people. We could see dozens of buses parked at the outside of the main entrance with the visitors excitedly rush in to get line up to buy the tickets. Unfortunately, only a small part of the palace can be visited - the State Apartments of the King and Queen, and the Hall of Mirrors. The worst time to visit the Chateau is on Sunday when the entrance fee is reduced and the queues are interminable.












The park is extremely large. If I am not mistaken, there were more than 40 big fountains in the park with different size and unique decorations. There are a small train shuttles and also bicycles for rent for ease of exploring the park. There are also boats to be rented on the canal. We just slowly walked around the park and take a break for a few minutes and sit in the shade or someplace cool and drink a lot of water. The hot weather forbid me from continuously exposed myself under the sun and limits our visit for the day. Huhu.











We spent almost 4 hours for this visit. Actually, it is not possible to explore all the palaces and stop at the variety of gardens in the park for only 1 day. It is time to go back. While heading to the train station, it was raining. Luckily we brought the umbrella. Later, reached La Defense, we straight away go to the Malaysian Restaurant for the late lunch. I ate chicken curry with rice while my wife prefers briyani rice with squid. Reached the room around 8.30 pm. Washed up and lay down on the bed, I uploaded all the pictures in my laptop and get online to check any updates from my family.

11.20 pm already. I need to sleep. Palace of Versailles in memory.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be getting better.

Good night.

No comments: