Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 13, 2008

zzzZZZ...

I am too tired. Actually, I just reached my room after a long working day. Dinner? Yeah. I just eat a scramble eggs with three slices of bread. Huhu. I just want to take a break and I don’t want to waste my time and energy to cook as usual. We all know that jobs today aren't what they used to be. Time was, you worked a nine-to-five for life, while every evening and weekend was yours alone. Nowadays, most jobs leave us feeling permanently stressed out, which means we have lost sight of the benefits to be had from leisure time. If play can be good for the kiddiewinks, who says it can't be good for me later in life, too? The biggest problem here is that, I don’t have much time. Normally, I have no interest to do anything else during weekdays. In fact, I will try to make myself away from work to wind down, even if it's just ten minutes with my feet up but normally it will ends up on the bed. Huhu. 5 minutes walking from office to my room is good enough to be considered as an exercise for the day. Again, it is all about the time. I am not even having a sufficient time for my hobbies and other recreational activities. I know that regular and frequent exercise is a good stress reducer but the free time seems not allow me to do so. Huhu. I think the work load is too much. I know that I need to be fair to my job but at the same time I need to be fair to my physical needs as well. Next time if I have been asked to take extra work on board, or to stay in the office after my colleagues have left, I will straight away decline. I have to learn to say no. I hope I will have the confident to say that magical word. I think that’s the reason why my eye sight is worse off. Maybe I have spent too much time looking to the monitor. Moreover, the lighting around my workstation is not so bright and by sitting for hours in front of the monitor, my retina will no longer worked functionally as normal as used to be. Anyway, at the moment my eyes have a problem as I was told during my last appointment with an optometrist. It was claimed that my retina was partially damaged and I need to change my bad habit towards watching television or doing computer work in a gloomy environment. I think I need to have a serious talk with my line manager about my workload and not to forget to provide me a personal light on my desk as this facility will be provided upon request if necessary. Hmm. I'm on the bed now. Good night.

No comments: