Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

I am back home!

19 April 2008, Saturday

7.00 am. I was excitedly went down to the lobby waited for my friend for checking out. At the time, I asked the receptionist to call a taxi to bring us to the CDG Airport. After checked out, asked the receptionist to re-confirm my room reservation on this coming May. Alhamdulillah, it was booked by Technip last two weeks ago. 7.15 am, my friend still was not around. I said to myself, maybe he was misunderstood about the time to meet at the lobby as discussed last night. Then, when I am about to call him with the receptionist assistance, I noticed the lift from 3rd floor (my friend’s room was in 3rd floor) was moving down. Then, I waited for a moment. Yes. It was him. After done with his check out, we waited for the taxi. As confirmed earlier, the taxi will reach the hotel at 7.30 am. Looked at his baggage and weighed it, I was too worried since mine was heavier than his baggage. Finally, the taxi arrived.

It took about 45 minutes from La Defense to the CDG Airport by the taxi. The traffic was so smooth as it was early in the Saturday morning. 8.15 am, we reached the airport and directly proceed to the Hall 5, Terminal 1. MAS counter was not on service at the moment and claimed to be opened at 9.00 am. Then, we planned to have breakfast at the McD. As there was no fillet offered for the breakfast set, I ordered one chocolate muffin with hot coffee. 9.00 am we went back to the counter and surprisingly there were quite a number of people started line up to check in. Few minutes later, our turn took place. It was a big released after both mine and my friend’s baggage didn’t exceed the allowable weight limit. Complete with the check in and tax refund, we explore the airport – arrival hall, departure hall, boarding gate, airport shuttle, toilets and free duty zone. Spent some times in the free duty zone, most of the price seems to be a bit cheaper (of course, with a tax deduction). Bought some chocolates for my friends and walked around, then we proceed to gate 41 and waited there. 12 pm, we was onboard and seated next to each other. After, loaded our hand luggage and laptops on the upper storage compartment, we excitedly read the Star newspaper provided and waited for the take off. Almost 12.15 pm, the take off commenced.

The journey took almost 14 hours and I couldn’t sleep onboard. I was thinking about my family and of course my three months spent in Paris. Few hours earlier, I and my friend chatted and shared about our impression to be in Paris within these three months. Negative and positive point of view was discussed and mostly we shared a common judgement. Few hours later, he was slept and I spent my time with watching movies – I am Legend, Treasure Hunter, Legally Blonde, etc though I’d watched them before! Huhu. Almost 2.00 pm, the lunch served and MAS really served a good food! It was well known world wide and I really proud about it when Nasi Goreng Kampung was “sold out” during breakfast and I would say almost 95% onboard was European. Huhu.

6.20 am (Malaysia time). The flight landed smoothly. Alhamdulillah. Unloaded our carry baggage and other stuffs, we prepared ourselves to walk out of the plane. Passed through the custom and then proceed to the baggage collection area. Few minutes later, took my baggage and separated from my friend. Upon reaching the arrival hall, I saw my lovely wife, came towards me with his smiley face and happy tears. Hugged and kissed her, she said I was getting scrawny and slimmer. Huhu. Few steps ahead, I saw my mom, sister, brother and his wife and Razeef. At the moment, my dad was in the toilet. Few minutes later, we walked down to the parking area and planned to have breakfast at the Mamak restaurant at Putrajaya. Finally, at 9.00 am reached home. I am back!

No comments: