Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 24, 2008

4 days full of excitement

Sunday, 20 April 2008.
4 days were filled with full of fun. Exhaustion and tiredness experienced during these days were easily ignored. Just to recalled back those sweet memories. On the way back from KLIA, we planned to have our breakfast at the Mamak Restaurant in Putrajaya. Razeef, my sister’s boyfriend, drove my car. I and my wife seated at the back. My brother drove the other car with other family members and led us heading to Putrajaya. Along the way, I shared some memories within three months in Paris with them. There were many questions asked from my sister about my life and most of it was very funny as she keeps asking me about my appearance. She said, as agreed with my wife, I looked slimmer and then the questions continued to my daily consumption, halal’s food, favorites French food, favorites restaurant and finally it end up with my French friends. I patiently replied all the questions although I was very sleepy. As mentioned earlier, I couldn’t sleep for 14 hours flight!

Few minutes later, we reached the restaurant. The sky was clear and the sunshine spread through. Turns the dark into the day. The unforgettable day. I ordered a fried noodle (mee goreng) and hot Nescafe. We enjoyed the breakfast with sweet conversation and full of jokes and of course the main topic was about my life there. Reached home almost 9.00 am. Home sweet home. Had a rest for a while and then unpacked my baggage. All the dirty clothes were placed in the basket at the back. Now is the best part. All my family members were excitedly waiting for their souvenirs. Hehe. As promised, I won’t tell them about the souvenirs until I reached home. For my dad, I bought a cup for him. A big cup with a decorative art on it. As for my mom, there were no specific souvenirs for her since I will bring her to the shopping complex to buy anything she wants. For my siblings, T-shirts for them. Similar to Razeef. For home decorations, I just bought a typical souvenir from Paris – Eiffel Tower replica. For my lovely wife, I bought her a scarf so that she can wear it on this Spring Holidays. Hehe. After a while, I pass around some chocolates bought in Paris and they were recommended by my colleagues. Yes, they were very good. Pure chocolates with different layer of flavors.

2.00 pm. I went to the barber shop nearby. Cut off my hair with a hair shaver No. 2 all over my head with a sloped cut at the side. About 4.00 pm, I and my wife with my parents went to the Sogo Shopping Complex. The intention was to buy my new lens and a birthday gift to my mom. The traffic remained the same. No difference since it used to be. The toll’s rate and ongoing construction of the Loke Yew’s road seems never changed. The weather looked cloudy and most likely going to rain. We reached the mall an hour later. Parked there and walked down to the Pertama Complex. Spent hours in the optical shop, I bought two lenses – for me and for my dad. The optometrist claimed that my iris was partially damaged. Huhu. It means my iris was not functioning normally. So if someone shines a bright white light in my eyes, my iris won’t shrink as normal and limits the amount of light in. So, I’ll see the full dose of light or temporarily bilnded. Huhu. Poor me. The main caused was my bad habit to watch television or too much computer work in the gloomy environment. Huhu. About 6.00 pm, we walked out from the shop and went to the Sogo Shopping Complex. I offered my mom a hand bag and she was very happy with that. Few minutes later, she made up her mind to choose a brownish leather hand bag. It was a good selection and I couldn’t remember the brand but I was really sure it suits my mom’s taste. Actually, it was chosen by my dad. Hehe. Then, I bought a sling bag for my wife purposely for this coming spring holidays. Simple design, black colored and most importantly easy handled. Done with the shopping, we went back home and have our dinner at the Malee Restaurant. It offers variety of seafood and Thai’s food. I ordered Siakap Sweet Sour, Fried Prawn with Flour, Kailan cooked with belacan, Squid cooked with sambal, mixed tomyam and keropok. Huhu. 10 pm, reached home.

Monday, 21 April 2008.

As planned, I will go to the office to collect my return air tickets, pay slips, EA form, magazines & letters (if any) and to submit my expences claim vouchers. Reached office around 9.15 am and I wish I can meet some of my close friends at Kasim (Mamak stall in Wisma Technip). I was a bit surprised since the stall was replaced by a smaller shop. Then, I went up to the Technip Cafeteria. Nobody’s there (of course, 9.30 am already). Then, I slowly walked through the cafeteria and looked for the breakfast. Suddenly, met up Bujai and one big brother still having their breakfast. Met them and had a small chat, I proceed to the breakfast corner. There was only capati and toasted bun offered. I ordered capati and joined them. 9.50 am. Went down to the lobby and waited for my friend. As promised, we plan to meet at the lobby at 10 am. Nearly 10 am, he arrived. Went up together to Process Department. There was a major modifications and renovations made in 3rd floor. Process Department has occupied almost the whole floor with small area left for IT Department. Safety and Piping have move out to 11th and 4th floor respectively. The modifications also involved the workstation arrangement and overall layout. Fortunately, my workstation was still there and temporarily used by one PID engineer from Indonesia. The environment was too calm as I haven’t experienced before. Everybody looked too busy as usual on Monday and my attendance seems breaking the silence. Few minutes chatted with them, I filled up the leave application form, and collect those documents mentioned earlier and do my claims assisted by Kak Roz (Process Secretary). Left some chocolates on her desk for further distribution among department members, I straight away met my manager and had 45 minutes talked with him about my job assignment. Then, I went down to the 2nd floor to collect the air tickets. Done with everything, I went up again to Process Department to meet everyone before I leave. Lunch time, I spent my time with some close friends in RHB. Have a long chat and then around 1.00 pm, went back home to have lunch together with my wife. Around 4.00 pm, we went out to Alamanda.

Tuesday, 22 April 2008.
Shopping time! I and my wife went to Queen’s Park, Midvalley and Alamanda (again). Bought something for my wife - two jackets, one sporty shoe, one pair of socks and one hand bag. Huhu. She was really a shopaholic kind of women. I don’t know if it’s just me or this happens to everyone. I think all women love shopping and nothing can stop them. For me, I will give her a full support if the total “losses” are affordable and reasonable. Moreover, she always claim that she never shopping since we were apart. Huhu. Girls =)

Wednesday, 23 April 2008.
Planned to submit my Income Tax Form at Wangsa Maju, go to Carrefour Wangsa Maju and finally collect the lenses. In the first place I thought we need to submit the form at Wangsa Maju branch, but actually we have to submit it to Head Quarters which located at Pandan Indah. That’s ok. At least, my to do list was fulfilled – buy a new pants and a casual jacket at the outlet store, Carrefour. During lunch time, I said to my wife, it’s been three months I never eat KFC. Then, we have our lunch there. Hehe. Few minutes later, we stop by at Pasar Keramat to alter our pants and finally the itinerary for the day reached to the end – collect the lenses. 7.00 pm reached home.

No comments: